Menu Close

Jump Right In

Let's Learn About Judy House

Our organization cannot meet all housing needs, but it is concerning that 60% of individuals leaving jail without an address will be arrested again within a year. Contact us at (678) 752-8731 for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

our most frequent questions and answers

Is this a men's shelter ?

I am sorry to tell you that we are not a shelter facility. However, if we do have some space available, we would be happy to help provide shelter from the elements. Even though there aren’t any men’s facility-type shelters in Gwinnett, please feel free to get in touch with us and we will do our best to provide you with available information on other options around. Thanks for reaching out to us!

How long can I stay?

The maximum length of the transitional program is 12 months. Everything beyond that says you may be looking for something other than transition. While I do consider shorter periods, please let the staff or team know your intentions prior to arrival.

What are the housing requirements?

To join our housing program, you’ll need a GA ID, abstain from substance use for 30 days, have a feasible employment plan, attend daily accountability groups and weekly church attendance. Different types of housing are available and you can contact us for more information. We would have to conduct two in-person interviews before accepting you. We are excited to help and know more about you.

Is this a rehab program, or more like a halfway house?

Our Christ-centered resident transition program is different than those you mentioned. It’s designed to help you achieve growth and sustainability in a family-like setting. There aren’t many counselors, so you’ll need to be committed to making your transition happen. It’s a 2nd step program that provides support and resources from others going through similar experiences.

What kind of programs do you offer?

Learning about each other helps us invest in improving our outlooks and expectations, which fosters a sense of family. We offer job search support, money management, and effective decision-making help to aid in reintegration. However, accountability and transparency are most effective through sit-down meals and daily devotions.

What's the cost for the Transformational housing? ?

If you pass the 2-part interview, you will be considered for acceptance. Please be aware that there is a program fee of $200 per week that must be paid at Intake. This fee covers the first week of the 12-month residential program.

some more questions

and their answers

What if I don't have the money?

We understand. At times we may have an indigent bed available. However you must first use our request page and describe that in the comment section or call us (678) 752-8731 and check for availability.

Is there any other help available for either me or my family member?

Sure! We get a lot of requests. Just tell us what you want to achieve so we can help you. We’ll figure out the best plan for you, whether it’s structured or specialized.

Are you able to house those on the Registry?

To make sure the perfect program that aligns with your requirements, or if we don’t have any current openings that fit your needs, we can explore some alternative programs that might be even better. Our team is here to help you and/ or your loved ones, and we truly appreciate the cooperation in you or family member.

What about housing for women or families? Do you help?

While the Ministry is not set up specifically for women or women with children, or even families. It doesn’t mean we are neglectful or indifferent to those needs. Please consider visiting our resource page or giving us a call to explore options.

Do you guys take donations?

We appreciate donations, but we can’t accept mattresses and furniture right now. We cook delicious and fresh meals every day, so any donations of perishable and non-perishable items would be a big help for those in need. And don’t forget, there are lots of folks out on the streets who could use some support too. Ziplock bags and other single-use disposable items are always appreciated. If you’d rather make a tax-deductible donation, simply text “transition” to 53555 on your phone which can also be convenient. On our Giving page you can look at Outreach items needed.

Are there any volunteer opportunities?

One of the opportunities provided on our website is accessible upon request. We kindly suggest that you reach out to us during office hours via phone or email to learn more about alternative ways to serve. And you may also inquire about mandated community service hours if you need to, as we are affiliated with the court services.

Hope this helps. If you're still unsure click this button for whatever your situation holds and we'll try to help.

pretty satisfied

"The satisfaction my daughter and I found for placement for my son. It has been such a tough road for him, and he was accepted. There really needs to be more programs like this"

Call to get help